Kratom lovers would appreciate it to grow themselves to have it in their reach easily but the whole enthusiasm can come to an end when they would be facing the trouble in its growth
For the growth of the Mitragyna Speciosa Tree, or Kratom plant, specific conditions are required like mild climate and nitrogen rich soil, which are found in the Southeast Asian region. As such, it will be very challenging to grow Kratom outside these locations. Kratom lovers would like it to grow it themselves to have it easily within their reach but that enthusiasm can come to an end when they would be facing the trouble in its growth and the execution of the idea would be very costly in the end. Here, we are discussing how you can grow Kratom in your home.
How Can You Grow Kratom from Seeds?
When you plan to grow the plant at your home, the first issue you will face is the freshness of the seeds. When the seeds are isolated from the parent plant, there is no guarantee that they will survive. Therefore, those who are interested in the growing of the Kratom plants complain that these seeds cannot reach the stage of development and most of them cannot grow into a full plant but still it is possible if you take care of following things:
- Select seeds that suits your choice of “Kratom strain”. The fresher, the better. You are required to plant different seeds.
- For growth, keep in mind that the area should be perfectly fertilized and moist. Select an area that is not very dry with a good draining system. If the growing area is overflowed then there is probably more chances for fungus to attack, therefore, balanced precautions should be taken.
- As far as temperature is concerned, there must be enough daylight with abundant shade as it is the requirement of Kratom plant to have a perfectly warm and tropical atmosphere to grow whereas direct sunlight can cause of excessive drying. What’s more? You need to imagine shade of rainforest and attempt to create that kind of light at your place.
- A smooth, warm breeze, which is also known to “stimulate alkaloid production in the Kratom leaf”. If it doesn’t happen, then you actually have to develop or introduce artificial wind with a fan, which could be expensive.
- The most critical issue is the time. If the seed sprouts, then it will be no less than an entire year before any leaves can be harvested.
Cost of Kratom
In growing of seedling and plants, you will need to pay for nutrition of plant, potentially available lights, fertilizer, and fans. It can be very costly to build an indoor and outdoor space of growth. The time and energy you will need to commit in nurturing the plants throughout the first year is impressive. It is also much more costly to purchase well developed Kratom powder of your interest.