It is difficult to grow a kratom tree from seed in areas other than Southeast Asia.
The seeds of the kratom have a difficult time surviving after detachment from the parent tree; therefore most of the time they do not survive when they reach their final destination.
Purchasing Kratom Plants Online
From any of the kratom vendors present online, kratom plants can be purchased and shipped very conveniently. It is not difficult, and it is considered to be the best option for those who want to have their own kratom tree.
Kratom Plant Prices
The cost of the kratom tree, or Mitragyna Speciosa, is not very high despite the fact that the tree is not found all over the world. There is a variation in price according to the size of the plant.
- A 2-inch plant can be bought for around $30 or even less.
- A 9-inch plant can be obtained for $55.
- Purchasing more than one plant gives you the chance to save money and you will be able to get multiple plants at a lower cost.
Process of Growing a Kratom Plant
Here are some important things which need to be remembered when you receive a kratom plant by mail.
- Opening the plant package must be done with great care.
- Leave the plant in a dark room for at least one day.
- Put the plant in soil.
- Proper watering of the plant is necessary and do not let the soil become dry.
- A small green house should be created to make the environment humid for the plant.
- A warm and moist atmosphere is to be sustained.
- Providing adequate sunlight for the plant is very important. In case of a lack of sunlight, florescent grow lights can be used.
- Four hours of direct sunlight is necessary, while for the remaining day partial sun should be given.
- Nutrients should be included on a regular basis, which are required by the plant to grow.
- Stimulation of the leaves must be done through wind or by using a fan.
- Continuous care of the plant for around six to twelve months will allow it to become mature, so you can remove the leaves to be used for your purposes.