Kratom, which is grown in Southeast Asian countries, is now becoming familiar to people in the Western world as well. That is why information about kratom and its function in the body is now easily available. You can research the chemistry of kratom in the body and its applications and effects.
The Mitragyna Speciosa tree is the main source of its leaves, and it grows in different conditions producing different effects. Kratom leaves have naturally occurring compounds called alkaloids. These alkaloids enter the body of the user and interact with the cells, which results in the stimulation of the nervous system. Around 40 different alkaloids are present in the leaves, with the highest concentration being mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine.
Mitragynine has the chemical formula C23H30N2O4, and it was discovered in 1921. Mitragynine cannot be dissolved in water but can be in alcohol solutions.
7-hydroxymitragynine was discovered in 1993 has the chemical formula C23H30N2O5.
The Effects Of Kratom
Kratom contains alkaloids with various qualities producing different effects. Every individual has their own needs or desires for using kratom. The effects of these alkaloids may be either physical or mental.
The physical effects of kratom include:
- Kratom has a great natural ability to relax muscles. Working for long periods can cause muscle fatigue, and kratom is the best remedy for this.
- It provides pain relief. Malay Kratom and Maeng da kratom is best for it.
- It also helps in the reduction of blood pressure.
- It also eases symptoms connected to arthritis, scoliosis, fibromyalgia, and carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Kratom contains anti-oxidants which can fight against damaged cells and even cancer.
- Apart from the physical effects, kratom also creates some positive effects on the user’s mind. Psychological effects which can be beneficial for kratom users may include:
- It is the best solution to reduce anxiety and provide relief from mental stress.
- Users can maintain focus on their tasks for a longer duration. Whether they are students or doing their job, they can concentrate well on their work and a positive outcome can be obtained.
- Kratom is the best anti-depression remedy available.
- Some kratom products have effects which make you social so you can interact with people easily and enjoy experiences with them. In short, kratom can enhance your mood.
Kratom can have a few side effects, but they are not dangerous. People can use it without any fear of kratom abuse. Side effects arise due to a high dosage of kratom. It does not cause addiction or severe damage. Some of the negative effects that kratom use can cause include:
- Impaired motor coordination
- Weight loss
These symptoms can make you hesitant to use kratom, and you should stop its usage for a few days if you experience them. To avoid developing a tolerance to kratom, you can change the strain you are using and prevent any further negative effects. So, it is not difficult to avoid the side effects of kratom and users must follow the guidelines to get positive results.