Kratom being a legal herb in the United States still has to face some issues because it is still not approved by FDA as a supplement. Therefore, companies cannot provide complete information about its correct use and dosage what will be beneficial for the users.
Actions Of FDA
Rose field Management Warehouse, located in Van Nuys, California, where the herbal medicinal, Kratom, was present, has been raided and almost 25,000lbs. Of herb was confiscated.
- Wholesale Shamanic Herbs, which is the company that committed a crime and what was it? What did the company do that bad? The reason for the raid was because the company was promoting the Kratom herb on its website. The company promoted the products as a substance that can mitigate or even prevent and diagnose some diseases.
- After that, allegations had been made by the FDA in the form of a complaint filed to the U.S. District Court for Central District of California that Kratom is a drug that has not had approval yet under the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act.
The Herb Is Allowed To Be Used
Kratom is a legal product, and there is no restriction over its sale and purchase in the United States, but it is illegal for a company to promote the characteristics of the product. Now, isn’t it ridiculous that there is a product that can be easily sold and used without any interference, but the company selling it cannot promote?
Fda Claims This Herb Can Be Dangerous
- FDA accuses the Kratom of being a dangerous substance that can cause the respiratory issue, agitation, vomiting, delusions, constipation, nausea, and other dangerous symptoms of withdrawal.
- The allegation on this herb that it causes respiratory depression is false as it is the issue that generates from the use of opiate and Kratom, which contains 7-hydoxymitragynine, does not have this negative effect. Instead, it reduces this effect that can be caused by opiate use.
- All the other accusations made by FDA like sleeplessness, nervousness, and aggression are the result of the other drugs that come in the list of those products approved by FDA. The blame comes on FDA itself for why it has allowed those products approval when they have side effects similar to what it has been attributing to Kratom.
What Is The Reason Behind That Kratom Issue?
The monopoly of pharmaceutical companies has given birth to this entire debate over which even the FDA is not able to show justice. How can these companies tolerate that a new herbal product comes to the product and capture it by giving a better and quicker solution for many things?
It happened in the case of Kratom, and that is why the pharmaceuticals industry is not letting another product to grow as much as Kratom is getting popular among the people.
Kratom And Marijuana
After all of these discriminations by the FDA, marijuana comes to mind as it was another effective painkiller that was banned in the USA and now Kratom is expected to be the next target.