When kratom first arrived on the streets, it was met with a lot of enthusiasm. This is because of the many benefits that it can offer. Kratom can boost energy levels, decrease symptoms of anxiety and depression and also help wean the withdrawal symptoms of opiates. However, kratom can also induce euphoria. This high feeling is the reason why most people are into it nowadays. The more a person’s body gets used to kratom the more their body becomes dependent on it. Thus, when they stop taking it. Kratom withdrawal occurs. This article will discuss what kratom withdrawal is, how long kratom withdrawal lasts and much more.
Research has determined that kratom works similar to opiates. The brain responds to it as it does to heroin or codeine. No wonder why it is an excellent reliever for opiate withdrawal. The compounds in kratom strains have been determined to cause addiction when used for a while.
But First, What is Kratom Withdrawal?
Kratom, as you may know, is a tropical tree, also known as Mitragyna Speciosa. It originated from South East Asia where it grows naturally. This plant does contain compounds that induce pain relief and also euphoria. Irrespective of the medical reason that you use kratom for. When taken for a while and then the user stops taking it, withdrawal symptoms may appear.
In summary, kratom withdrawal is a condition that occurs when an individual who has been using kratom for a while, stops taking it. The period through which kratom withdrawal lasts is determined by the body composition of the user. Some people may experience kratom withdrawal for longer whereas others may not even experience an ounce of kratom withdrawal.
Before we get to down to how long kratom withdrawal last, you must first know the signs and symptoms of kratom withdrawal. Once you know the symptoms of kratom, you can then familiarize yourself with the kratom withdrawal timeline.
Signs and Symptoms of Kratom Withdrawal
Here are the common signs of kratom withdrawal. Remember, they may differ from one person to another.
- You may experience a craving for kratom.
- Muscle and joint pains.
- Body tremors especially on the arms.
- Insomnia may incur in some instances.
- Aggression and irritability.
- It may trigger anxiety and in long-term depression.
- One may lose appetite.
If you experience any of these symptoms it’s best you seek medical help for a professional diagnosis. This is because some of these symptoms could be the sign of another illness. Ensure that you tell the doctor about kratom use so that he can determine or rule out kratom use.
How Long Does Kratom Withdrawal Last?
Like we have discussed earlier, kratom withdrawal timeline differs from person to person. Your weight, level of kratom usage and other factors play a big role in determining how long kratom will last. Generally, for all opioids, the kratom withdrawal duration is between seven to ten days. For some people, it can go for even ten days. You should know that kratom withdrawal can be managed by a medical professional.
Within The First 24 Hours
- Most people have noticed withdrawal symptoms in a day after their last dose. Kratom withdrawal is usually a combination of both mental and physical symptoms. According to human nature, the more you tell your brain not to want something, the more it craves for that thing. This is the science behind kratom withdrawal.
- Within this period, you can observe increased levels of cravings, which are usually more than the usual. One may also experience anxiety and irritability. Lack of sleep and excessive sweating can also be observed.
After Two or Three Days
- During the withdrawal period, two or three days after you quit taking kratom, you are likely to experience more severe symptoms of kratom withdrawal. These include heightened anxiety, dilated pupils, high levels of cravings, abdominal pain amongst other symptoms.
- For you to have a smooth recovery, it’s advisable that you have medical and mental help during this period.
Within Eight to Ten Days
- This is the final stage of kratom withdrawal, and the symptoms become less severe. Most symptoms of kratom withdrawal subside on the 6th or 8th day.
- Kratom is a new herb in the market, sufficient research hasn’t been done on it. Nonetheless, the above is how long kratom withdrawal lasts. There have also been some reported cases of post-acute withdrawal symptoms of kratom. They include memory loss, fatigue, and difficulty in concentration.
What Really Causes Kratom Withdrawal?
But, how does kratom withdrawal occur? The cause of withdrawal symptoms for any drug happens when you abruptly stop using it. This is the same case for kratom. Tolerance develops when you take kratom for a long while. You will notice that if you started taking a gram a day, it might extend to four or five grams after some months.
After a year, you may find yourself taking even more than 10 grams of kratom. This shows that the body has developed a tolerance for it. This drive leads to addiction and the minute you stop taking it, withdrawal symptoms kick in. Withdrawal symptoms are as a result of your body not being able to function without the drug. Withdrawal symptoms are the reason why most kratom users find it difficult to quit taking the drug.
Can You Beat Kratom Withdrawal?
Yes, you can. A lot of people have successfully done it and so can you. No matter how long kratom withdrawal lasts, you can beat it as long as you find the right help. The good thing of seeking help from detox centers is that they can give you medication that will help you battle kratom withdrawal. Symptoms such as anxiety, muscle pain can be managed by some medication which has minimal side effects.
Knowing how long kratom withdrawal lasts is helpful but seeking treatment is more important. By visiting kratom detox centers, you can receive the proper form of treatment which will help eliminate these symptoms.
We can conclude that kratom withdrawal lasts for seven to ten days. During this period you are likely to experience kratom withdrawal symptoms. The severity of these symptoms depends on how heavy or long you used to take kratom. But, with help from experts in detox centers. You can have a smooth kratom withdrawal period.