According to the CDC estimates, 17- 24 million people globally suffer from chronic fatigue syndrome(CFS).
- Are you part of these statistics? Maybe yes or you are not sure.
- If yes, then you can benefit a great deal from taking kratom.
- One of the health benefits of this herb is that it combats fatigue. For your information, Kratom has been used for millennia to deal with chronic fatigue.
- Combating this endless exhaustion and tiredness is one area in which many communities around the world have been benefiting from this herb.
- But if you are not sure whether your disorder is actually chronic fatigue syndrome,
here are the primary symptoms to look out for;
- Extreme exhaustion lasting more than 24 hours, following a physical or mental exercise.
- General fatigue.
- Loss of concentration or memory.
- Exhaustion in the morning after a night’s sleep.
- Trouble falling asleep or stay asleep.
- Instability with trouble standing upright—you want to lean on something.
In addition to that, a number of secondary symptoms may or may not depict chronic fatigue. They include, but not limited to the following;
- A sore throat.
- Joint or muscle pain that one cannot explain.
- Swelling lymph nodes in the neck or armpits.
These are the primary and secondary symptoms to look out for when you are in doubt.
- However, it is important to note that they may not necessarily depict chronic fatigue syndrome as other conditions may also exhibit them.
- But, if you experience most of these symptoms, especially primary, the chances are high that you are a chronic fatigue patient.
Causes of Chronic Fatigue
- What causes chronic fatigue?
- Is it an underlying health condition or inheritance?
- Is it some bacteria or virus?
- Well, this debilitating disorder, which is characterized by extreme tiredness and exhaustion is caused by the unknown.
- In other words, the causes of chronic fatigue have not yet been established.
- It is a research that is still going on. However, there are a couple of risk factors that scientists have been able to single out so far. These include;
- Some particular viruses.
- Stress. A weakened immune system. Hormonal imbalances.
- Genetical predisposition to develop this disorder, in some people.
How Kratom Works To Overcome Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- As you saw among the primary and secondary symptoms of this disorder, the two symptoms that stood out were pain and exhaustion.
- Both feelings are involved with the opioid receptors in one way or another.
First, let’s define opioid receptors to enhance your understanding.
- Opioid receptors are molecules or sites in the body that get activated whenever an opioid substance is introduced into the body.
- A good example of a substance that will activate the receptors when taken is Kratom.
The opioid receptors play a number of roles in the body including, but not limited to;
- Pain modulation.
- Addiction and behavioral inhabitation.
- Regulation of emotional response, immune function, and so on.
- Delay of fatigue and exhaustion.
- Facilitates various metabolic processes in the body.
So how does Kratom come in? How does it help combat fatigue or CFS?
- Well, Kratom is a well-known opioid substance. When consumed, the substance activates the opioid receptors in the body, which in turn inhibit the activities of pain receptors, leading to instant pain relief.
- So pain, which is a primary symptom of chronic fatigue subsides.
- In addition, the activated receptors work to delay fatigue and exhaustion, thereby reinvigorating you and boosting your metabolic processes.
- In short, Kratom activates the body’s opioid receptors, which work to decrease pain, fatigue, and exhaustion and boost the metabolic processes instead.
- That is how the herb actually works in conjunction with opioid receptors to overcome CFS.
- How much Kratom should you take in your chronic fatigue treatment regimen?
- Well, it depends on whether you are a beginner or a seasoned Kratom user.
- it is advisable, to begin with, light dosages and progressively graduate to higher dosages while checking the body’s receptiveness.
- If you take a light dosage and also do not experience any severe side effects, that means your body tolerates the drug well and you can use more of it.
- 2—3 grams kratom is not bad for a beginner who wants to combat CFS. If you do not experience short-term side effects like nausea, sweating, dry mouth or others, take it up a notch.
For seasoned users
- 4—8 grams Kratom are the appropriate dosages.
- Anything less or more than that could be either counter-effective or harmful to your health.
- Remember this is a drug and thus should not be abused.
- It goes without saying that there are a few Do’s and Don’ts involved in Kratom usage.
Few Do’s and Don’ts involved in Kratom usage
They include but not limited to the following:
- Make sure your body is well hydrated before taking Kratom.
- Drink enough water beforehand to hydrate your body if necessary.
- Make sure your stomach is full before taking the drug.
- Eat prior to your Kratom intake if need be.
- Consult with your doctor first before beginning your Kratom regimen.
- Sometimes the drug may not work well with the medication you may be taking for a certain condition.
- Take Kratom for recreational and chronic fatigue management purposes.
- Combine Kratom with other drugs because this may be lethal.
- Avoid drugs such as MAO inhibitors as these may react badly with the opioid thus harming you.
- Take Kratom if you intend to work or operate a machine as you may feel dizzy or sleep, which are some short-term effects of the drug.
- Take Kratom for performance enhancement purposes.
- Contrary to what some people believe, Kratom is not a sexual performance enhancer for men.
- Kratom is a well-known opioid with a number of uses.
- This drug can be used for recreation, chronic fatigue treatment, and a couple other purposes.
- It can help by boosting your metabolic processes and reducing fatigue as well as exhaustion.
- That is how it actually combats fatigue.