People have been using kratom and its products for many years due to its medicinal properties. For instance, it is used to alleviate gastrointestinal disorders, depressions, and anxiety and opiate withdrawal symptoms. This write-up is going to discuss the effects of this herb in heart health. Reading this article will help you in knowing whether this substance is safe for your hearth.
Kratom and Its Active Compounds
Mitragynine is of the primary bioactive compounds of kratom. The magical properties of this herb are attributed to its active compounds known as alkaloids. Hydroxymitragynine is the other active compound found in this herb. This study is going to determine the cardiotoxicity associated with these chemical constituents found in kratom.
Cardio Problems Associated with Kratom Usage
All the kratom enthusiasts should read this and listen carefully. Most people who have been using this herb on a regular basis have been struggling to regulate their dose. You can find them taking kratom every day even after losing their appetite. Those who take high doses feel lethargic. These are some of the experiences shared by kratom addicts.
The active ingredients, alkaloids, found in this herb are known for acting on the brain’s receptors.
- These alkaloids work on delta and mu opiate receptors. It is the signal transduction from these receptors that bring about intercellular signaling and cellular changes. This, in turn, leads to a sympathetic discharge that makes one feel stimulated and energetic. Pain is alleviated when endorphins, dynorphins, and enkephalins are released.
- However, individuals who take high doses of kratom experience moderate chest pain which can worsen once they continue increasing their dose. For instance, some people, experience a feeling of intense warming above their hearts or muscle pain. This is something that makes them feel uncomfortable at times. Probably this is the main reason why you find many people complaining of “chest pain Kratom”.
In addition to this, there are some people who experience occasional racing heart and chest pain when they take high doses of kratom. It is advisable to visit a doctor when such problems arise. One can eradicate the problem m of having an elevated heart rate by taking the recommended dose or stop taking it more frequently. Nevertheless, one doesn’t have to worry because this is a temporary problem which can disappear and improve when the user lowers kratom dose. From these experiences, one can say confirm that high doses of kratom can put a lot of stress on the user’s heart. Those who don’t stop taking high doses are more likely to develop permanent heart damage.
How Does Kratom Abuse Affect Heart Health?
Kratom as sympathetic activities on cardiac muscles. It is known for activating the beta-androgen receptors found in the heart muscles. This activation results in strong contractile activities of the user’s hearts. Sometimes, these contractions can be become more forceful and rapid resulting in a condition known as tachycardia. Under this condition, the pulse pressure may rise to lead to an increase in heartbeat. This, in turn, fastens the heart’s sinus rhythm. In healthy people, these effects won’t cause problems since they last for about two or one hours.
- However, an increase in a heartbeat can severely affect individuals who have cardiomyopathies or compromised cardiac activities. The heart muscles will not pump stronger and faster if its muscles are weak. The patient’s condition can worsen further when the heart’s beta receptors get activated leading to chest pain. This means that consumption of kratom is not recommended for individuals suffering from cardiovascular diseases. Such people should consult a cardiologist before taking this product.
Kratom is not bad for a healthy person, but it should be taken in low, controlled amounts. Most problems arise when people abuse or take high doses. Its users are advised to stop using it frequently since this can lead to severe side-effects like liver damage.
How to Manage the Side Effects Associated With Kratom
Some of the effects caused by long-term use of this herb include;
Most of these effects appear on persons who take kratom regularly without taking a break. Remember that this a stimulant which can have adverse effects on the user’s body. This means that people should take kratom very infrequently and in low doses. Kratom uses who complain of weight loss, and loss of appetite are advised to take adequate nutrients and calories to prevent deficiencies that would lead to other secondary side-effects. To relieve constipation, its users should include fibers and in their diet. This is one of the effective ways of regulating one’s bowel activity. Insomnia is mitigated by avoiding the consumption of this product in the evening time.
How to avoid cardiotoxicity
its users are should be very cautious when this herb. In addition to taking the recommended dosage, kratom users should take the following precautions while consuming kratom;
- Increase the intake of water to avoid dehydration and constipation.
- Take kratom before eating food.
- Avoid taking frequent doses of kratom since this can easily lead to dependence
- Avoid taking tinctures and kratom extracts frequently.
- Avoid mixing this herb with alcohol or other prescription drugs.
- Avoid taking one strain of kratom daily since this can lead to stagnating stain syndrome.
Is Kratom Elevated Heartrate fatal?
No publication links this condition with any fatality or causality. This product is safe for use since it does not cause severe health conditions like respiratory depression caused by other opiates. However, individuals who have other underlying cardiovascular issues are likely to develop adverse effects when they use kratom.
The chest pain issue experienced by kratom users is mainly associated with cardiac pathology which is manifested when such people take a stimulant.
- As mentioned earlier, high doses of kratom lead to an increase in blood pressure and heart rate, but these effects are not life-threatening. Generally, this substance is safe for use, and it should not be labeled as addictive or dangerous.
- In fact, it has numerous health benefits that make it very popular. Most people use kratom leaves and its products using this product to combat the effects associated with opiate withdrawal, alleviating the symptoms of depression, anxiety, and stress as well as al treating chronic pain.