Kratom – the wonder drug from the East that every westerner is fascinated by brings about several health benefits such as relieving chronic pains, managing withdrawal symptoms and uplifting the user’s mood. It is especially popular with scholars who strive to increase their concentration levels as it helps them maintain a deep focus. However, where do you get this wonder drug?
No law regulates the buying and selling of this drug. Currently, you can acquire the drug from a plethora of vendors online. However, with the high demand of the drug, you will occasionally find yourself falling into the trap of purchasing fake kratom. It would then be a good idea if you were able to supply yourself with the drug by growing it.
How Does The Kratom Seed Look?
- 1 How Does The Kratom Seed Look?
- 2 How Do You Grow The Kratom Seed?
- 3 Is it better to Grow Kratom from Live Plants or Seeds?
- 4 What is the Temperature Requirement for the Kratom Plant?
- 5 How Does Light Affect Kratom Plants?
- 6 How Does The Kratom Plant Feed?
- 7 When do you Harvest?
- 8 What Are The Legal Impact Of Growing Kratom Seeds?
- Kratom seeds are very small, equal to the size of silver. They grow inside a pod head that carries about 50 seed pods each with about 50 seeds.
- The seeds are known for their low germination rate and have a lifespan of only two days after falling off from the kratom plant.
How Do You Grow The Kratom Seed?
- You can find the kratom seeds online. One of the challenges you will have to overcome will be growing the kratom plant in a different environment. Kratom thrives well in a warm tropical environment with high humidity.
- It grows up to a height of 9 meters. Kratom plants are very fickle. Even in a controlled environment, the seeds may fail to grow correctly.
- Additionally, the seeds do not remain viable for a long time. Delays in the transportation from the source to you may result in you receiving an unusable seed.
- The seeds have to be fresh to grow. Even with fresh seeds, only a small percentage will lead to a healthy plant. It would help if you acquired many seeds to increase your chances of getting a healthy plant.
- Kratom seeds grow only in soils that are well-drained and rich in nutrients. The seedlings consume lots of water. However, too much water will result in the development of a fungal infection.
- During this stage, the plant is so fragile that the use of pesticides and fungicides will end up killing the plant. Additionally, do not expose the seeds to direct sunlight. However, the temperature needs to be regulated to always be above 15 degrees Celsius
The biggest goal during this stage is the get the plant past the seedling stage. It is not an easy process, but you can finally relax after successfully getting past this stage.
Is it better to Grow Kratom from Live Plants or Seeds?
- You may as well find vendors online selling already sprouted live kratom plants. “What a relief!” you may think. However, you shouldn’t be so excited. The live plants employ a somewhat higher risk that the seeds when it comes to transportation.
- With the already germinated plant being more costly than purchasing the seeds, any damage that occurs during shipping will eventually lead to an expensive loss. This risk is however mitigated by the advantage of an ensured plant growth since the plant is hardy after it has passed the germination stage.
- If you think purchasing an already live plant is a better idea, the question you need to ask yourself is, are you willing to risk buying the plant at a high cost, with the possibility of either dying while on transit or a good growth, or purchasing the seeds at a lower price with a much-reduced probability of germination. Either way, the risk is still high.
- However, if you still intend on choosing to go with the purchase of live plants, look out for the vendors that offer to replace the live plants within a set period.
What is the Temperature Requirement for the Kratom Plant?
- Temperature is a crucial element in the growth of a kratom plant. Being a tropical plant from South East Asia, you should regulate the temperature around the plant to between 25 and 30 degrees Celsius.
- The plant is sensitive to cold temperatures as the leaves tend to decolorize and fall off when exposed.
How Does Light Affect Kratom Plants?
- Kratom seeds do not grow well when exposed to direct sunlight. However, after passing the germinating stage, when the plant has started to become hardy, the plant grows well when exposed to excessive lighting.
- It is an added advantage if the kratom plant receives light for 24 hours.
How Does The Kratom Plant Feed?
- The Kratom plant consumes a lot of water and nutrients, in specific nitrogen from the soil. Always ensure that the soil pH level is well balanced between 5.5 and 6.5 for the kratom plant to thrive.
- You have to make sure that the land is rich in nutrients and constantly well moist. A humidity level of about 70% is required for the plant to grow without issues.
When do you Harvest?
- Once the Kratom Seeds turn into fully grown trees, the leaves are what are harvested during the autumn season just as they begin to fall on their own.
- Depending on the kind of seeds that you planted, you should have your first harvest within a period of 12 months.
- With exceptional growth conditions, a kratom plant will start to produce flowers, allowing you to quickly get fresh seeds to plant another batch of kratom plants.
What Are The Legal Impact Of Growing Kratom Seeds?
Having set your mind on planting the kratom plant for yourself, you need to first figure out whether there are laws in your area that bar you from growing this plant.
- The kratom plant is not illegal in most of the USA however, states like Wisconsin, and Tennessee has banned the use of Kratom.
- Depending on your country of origin, do thorough research to make sure that you don’t end up growing the kratom plant illegally.