Kratom has found diverse uses among its users. There are those who use it for pain relief, stimulation while others use it for relaxation and as a remedy for insomnia.
The desired effects from the use of kratom are primarily dependent on the strain and the dosage. Generally, kratom is known to be stimulating in low doses and sedative at large doses. They type of strain has an impact on the effect. If you are considering using kratom for sedation, then go for the red vein strains. The levels of alkaloids in the kratom strains vary. This is what determines the effect.
Top three sedating kratom strains
Among the red vein strains, three are recorded as the best when it comes to sedation. Red Bali, red vein Indo and red vein Borneo top the list. They all have one common characteristic. The vines and midribs are red. This is the main differentiating factor from other trains of kratom. Red vein kratom strains are known to record higher yields compared to the other strains of kratom.
Alkaloids in kratom
The effects of kratom in the body are related to the types of alkaloids in the product and their levels. Two main alkaloids are responsible for the main effects of kratom strains. They are mitragynine and 7- hydroxymitragynine. Mitragynine is stimulating at low doses while 7- hdroxymitragynine is sedating at kratom high doses. These are the main ways in which these alkaloids work in the body. Their main target is the opioid receptors in the body.
The red vein strains
The red vein strains have a higher level of 7-hydoxymitragynine. This indicates they are more of a sedation kratom variety as opposed to stimulating strains. Kratom strains that have a higher level of mitragynine are stimulating in nature.
When classifying kratom strains, they can be termed as fast, moderate or slow acting. Fast acting strains are more of stimulating, moderate strains, on the other hand, will exhibit a mixture of the two qualities, while slow acting stains are sedating. The red vine strains fall under the category of sedating kratom strains.
The dosage does vary from one user to another. As a beginner, you should start with low doses as you progress to a dosage the will evoke the desired effect. 3- 5 grams of red vein kratom is sufficient for sedation. A beginner should start with 1- 2 grams of red vein kratom.
The dosage per person is dependent on a number of factors chief among them being the body weight. The duration the user has been exposed to kratom is also relevant in determining the dosage.
For maximum effects, you should take kratom one to two hours before sleeping. This affords enough time for absorption of the product.
Uses of red vein kratom
Red vein kratom strains are used for various reasons that include;
• A remedy for insomnia. Sleeping disorders present a challenge to many. Red vein kratom strains are effective in relaxing the body and mind the right atmosphere for quality sleep. Persons suffering from sleepwalking, night terrors, parasomnia among other sleeping disorders can benefit from the use of red vein kratom strains. These kratom strains record the least side effects compared to the rest.
• Relaxing muscles. Red vein strains have a high level of mitragynine, the active ingredient in kratom that is responsible or its effects on the body. Mitragynine works on opioid receptors leading to calmness and relaxation. Stiffness in body muscles results in a tension headache. Red vein kratom strains can be used as a remedy for a tension headache.
• Boosting confidence. A dose of red vein kratom works against depression, anxiety, and stress. The overall, effect is a feeling of confidence. This will grant you the confidence to handle an issue that you could not. There is evidence that the red vein kratom strains can help to improve sexual arousal during sex. This may be related to its work of eliminating stress. Stress has been linked to sexual dysfunction.
• Analgesic effects. Pain relief is one of the primary medicinal, effects of kratom that has been utilized for ages. Alkaloid s present in kratom work on opioid receptors in the central nervous system, relieving pain. The alkaloid leads to release of chemical compounds in the brain like the endorphins and enkephalins that are responsible for pain relief.
• Opioid withdrawal. Red vein kratom strains have been used for opiate withdrawal. We can say they are a better option compared to other drugs used in rehabilitation centers since these are natural products.
There are many remedies used for insomnia, most of which have adverse effects. Pharmaceutical drugs used to treat insomnia records the highest levels of side effects. Natural remedies present a low risk of side effects from their use. Kratom is one of these natural remedies that you can use to improve your sleep quality and duration.
The safety of kratom use depends on the frequency and dosage. As a user, you must be careful not to develop kratom addiction. If you are using kratom for sedation, make sure you don’t use it daily. You should only use it when you are experiencing difficulties in sleeping.
Overuse of kratom (how to use kratom)will mean your body will develop a tolerance for the product and you will require higher amounts of the product to have the desired effects.
If this happens, stop using kratom for a while. These are side effects that can be associated with an overdose of red vein kratom;
- Blurred vision
- General body weakness
Sedation is one of the uses of Red vein kratom. To get maximum kratom effects, you must select the best strain for the desired effect, and at the right dosage, Red vein Bali, Borneo and Red vein Indo kratom are the top kratom strains for sedation. Start with low doses as you try to determine the right kratom dosage for your body. It is critical to remember that Continued use of kratom can lead to addiction. Use red vein strains only when in need.